Did you know that every day we have between 40 000 – 60 000 thoughts from the moment we wake up until the moment we go into a deep unconscious sleep? That’s a whole lotta thinking going on! Our minds are jumping from one thought to the next at lighting speed as it is, then we add things like facebook, internet, TV, social media, sms and mobile phones which are only adding fuel to the fire, we are already stimulated enough as it is. This is where meditation comes in. Sitting in meditation for a minimum of 10 minutes every morning is going clam the mind and set you up for a kick ass day.
Here are 14 more reasons to meditate:
- Calms the mind.
- Improves quality of sleep.
- Stress reduction.
- Improves health and boost your immune system.
- It’s anti aging.
- Increases your happiness.
- Decreases depression, anxiety and other serious psychological conditions.
- Improves your overall quality of life.
- Increases creativity.
- Helps control your own thoughts.
- Improves learning ability and memory.
- Increases productivity.
- Improves relations at home and at work.
- Greater communication between the two brain hemispheres.