1. Beet top, lemon and ginger tea – to cleanse blood and liver, soothe nausea See recipe
2. Lick an Umeboshi plum - to balance “out there” feelings from toxins. A Macrobiotic remedy that suggests having salty or contractive taste to balance the sugar from alcohol and other toxins. Try this Ume-sho-kuzu recipe
3. Protein rich breakfast – poached eggs and spinach or muesli with nuts, seeds and yoghurt. The liver produces elevated levels of C-reactive protein after injury or trauma. This substance is thought to be involved in inflammation and alcohol hangovers, so repair with healthy protein replacement.
4. Milk Thistle - to re-energise hepatocytes, anti inflammatory, antioxidant. reduces toxic fatty degeneration of the liver.
5. Wheatgrass juice - to alkalise the blood and powerful antioxidant, superoxide dismutase. Magnesium.
6. Vitamin B - especially B1,2,3 – to help cicrulation and blood cleansing. Try good ol’ vegemite.
7. Beetroot, carrot and celery juice -contain carotenoids and flavonoids, which heal and cleanse. Celery juice great for beer excess conditions such as gout as it breaks down purines. Reduces inflammation.
8. Drink plenty of filtered water. Aim for 2 litres a day to promote kidney function and liver clearance.
9. Exercise and/or have sex. Both clear the head and increase the flow of oxygen to the brain. Endorphin rush will eliminate the blues.
10. Bacon sandwich with HP sauce – when all else fails!!